My best writing experience was a written debate paper i worked on in history class in highschool. The class was divided and told to defend whether or not the bombing of Hirsohima during World War Two was justified. I was placed on the justification team. The paper was my best writing experience not only because the paper came out so well, but also because we won the our argument. My most frustrating assignment was a response paper to an Adrienne Rich essay I wrote last semester. I could not relate at all to Rich's essay and this greatly delayed my interest in the paper. The lack of interest affected my ablility to write and I turned in the worst paper I ever wrote. The worst part of the situation was that not only did I waste my time writing about an uninteresting topic, I failed the paper anyway. I would say the Rich response paper affected me more than the Hiroshima paper because instead of my grade going up, it went way down.
I see why the history paper was your best work. It sounds like it was very interesting and fun to do. And the plus side is you won the argument. I can also see were the paper you did last semester would have been one your worst. When something is hard for you to get into then that means its going to put a damper on your writing.
ReplyDelete